Guy P. Coburn is an attorney with 30 years of experience representing a wide range of individual and business clients in Florida and Federal courts. His office is located in St. Petersburg. Mr. Coburn can handle matters throughout the State of Florida, but mostly focuses on Pinellas, Hillsborough, Pasco, Manatee and Polk counties.
Guy P. Coburn is an author and frequent lecturer in the areas of Judgment Enforcement, Collections and Consumer Debt Collection laws. He is the author of the "Extraordinary Remedies" chapter in the Florida Bar CLE publication, Creditors and Debtors Practice in Florida. This chapter is a resource used by attorneys and judges for the procedures in judgment enforcement issues such as Proceedings Supplementary.
For more information on his practice areas, click on the practice area links above. His practice includes:
· Collections (hourly or contingent).
· Business Law and General Commercial Litigation, including the full range of issues involving business disputes.
· Creditor/Debtor issues, including consumer matters, garnishment and levy, and advising business clients on how to improve their collections.
· Judgment Enforcement, including not only Garnishment and Levy issues, but also complex cases involving Fraudulent Transfers, challenging corporate entities and other hidden assets through Proceedings Supplementary (hourly or contingent).
· Defense of Judgment Enforcement claims, including wrongfully entered judgments, setting aside improper garnishments or levies or challenging assignment to third parties.
· Claims and defenses under Consumer Protection Laws and Debt Collection Harassment laws like the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), the Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act (FCCPA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and other consumer protection laws.
· Debt Collection Harassment claims by consumers against collectors and creditors who have violated Collection Practices laws (usually at no cost to the consumer). Call for a Free Consultation if you feel you have been harassed by a collection agency or creditor or collections attorney.
· Landlord & Tenant.
· Community Association Law (Condominium Associations, Homeowner’s Associations and Co-operative Associations, including mobile home parks).
· Real Property Litigation.
The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.
8601 4th Street North, Suite 311
St. Petersburg, Florida 33702
Post Office Box 55545
St. Petersburg, Florida 33732-5545
Telephone Number: (727) 826-0733
Fax Number: (727) 803-6991
Please Note: New phone numbers effective 4/15/15